Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Off I go...in TWO months

On July 10, 2011, I will be leaving Sycamore and flying away to Los Angeles. Goodbye to the flat, comfortable, Midwestern lifestyle. Goodbye to my incredibly supportive and loving family and cats. Goodbye to my amazing friends (whether they’re in Illinois, Minnesota, New York, Mexico and even Panama!) Goodbye to the co-workers, and more importantly, friends I have made while working at Kishwaukee College – you have no idea how much of an inspiration you have been to me. As much of a bummer as goodbye’s are – I won’t be leaving forever! Since I am going to California, I feel this is the one time when I’m truly allowed to quote Arnold and say, “I’ll be back.”

Okay, so I’ll be in LA. Then what?

On July 11, 2011, I’ll be leaving LA, aka USA soil, only to 5+ hours later, land in more USA soil: HONOLULU! I will definitely not complain about that layover. A few hours in Hawaii are better than no hours in Hawaii, right? Later that afternoon, I’ll once again depart USA soil, only to arrive in more USA (territory) soil, which happens to sit on a teensy tiny island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Talofa, American Samoa.

No comments: