Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vatia Tide Pools

A few weekends ago, some friends and I traveled the village of Vatia. Vatia is on the other side of the island and is also the spot where you can start the Mt. Alava hike. As always, it was a fun day of exploring the beautiful island of American Samoa.

We rode in the back of the truck the entire way - my favorite. This is a view of the Pago harbor. We had just passed the tuna cannery. Blech.

That's Pola Island out there. I have yet to do the short hike that takes you closer to it.

The beautiful, lush coast.

Manuia le aso! Have a nice day.

The tide pools from above. I almost got swept into the ocean and almost fell on some rocks. That was fun!

This was the last picture I took before my underwater camera died. Sad day. I sweet talked Fujifilm about fixing my problem but they have yet to respond. BOO.

No comments: