Highlights from day one in Sydney, Australia:
- Lots of eating: passionfruit yogurt (loved it in NZ, still lovin' it now), Tim Tams (of course), a delicious eggplant, wild mushroom, capsicum (red pepper), onion, and mozzarella sandwich- all on fresh, grainy, amazing bread, REAL MILK, veggie pizza: pineapple, wild mushroom, tomato, whole olives, capsicum, onion, and a whole lot of real, mouthwatering cheese, and last but not least, a slice of pavlova. [As you can see, it's been a good food day.]
- Taking a shower with hot water for the first time in 5.5 months. It was probably the best shower of my life.
- Being cold. It's freezing here! The Aussies are walking around in jeans and tank tops, and I've got jeans and a long sleeve on and my toes are like ice blocks. I must say, it is so refreshing to walk around and not have sweat pouring down your face. My face hasn't been this dry in forever.
- Being around other palagi people. It's nice to not have everyone stare at you as you walk down the street.
- Taking a nap and using lots of covers. Best feeling ever.
Today was a good day. After a night in Western Samoa, and almost a 6 hour flight this morning (where we were served nothing - not even a drop of water or a bite of an airline pretzel...rude), it felt refreshing to be in a city, surrounded by thousands of other people, big buildings, and fresh air that just feels so darn good in your lungs. I'm liking this place.
Bedtime for me. Jet lag plus lots of food for dinner plus cold air = a very sleepy Quinn.